Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Well, after much delay owing to the snowstorms that shut down the East Coast, I am home and with my family for Christmas.

Due to the snowstorms, I had a lot of time to knit over the weekend, and as a result, and after superhuman effort, the Bat Shawl I knit for my sister is finished, except for blocking and weaving in ends. It took almost continuous knitting for the last several days, and my wrists are about shot, but it was finished in time (late this afternoon) to wrap and have her open under the tree, with a promissory note for the aforesaid finishing. It was received with much appreciation.

Also, as the ultimate last minute Christmas gift, I made my mother an owl pin between when people started unwrapping presents and when people finished up, with a similar promissory note for weaving in ends.

Pictures to follow when all the finishing is done and they look all pretty.

Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment