Saturday, August 21, 2010

Thank goodness for lifelines..

Long time no see!

Anyway, I'm close to being done with my Nightsongs shawl. I was (so I thought) at the end of the body repeats and ready to start the edging. I knit the first row of the edging and discovered...

The stitch count didn't add up. Rechecked the row, and I knit it correctly, it just didn't line up with the row before it. After consulting numerous versions of the patterns and looking in the Ravelry fora for other people who had had similar problems, I discovered...

I was supposed to have ended the last repeat of the main motif on row 32, not continued on to row 38. Frogging back to row 32 would have been a nightmare, with all of the yarn-overs that I would have had to make sure to pick back up, and unknitting that far would have been far, far worse. Luckily...

I had put in a lifeline before the last repetition of the main motif, in case I didn't have enough yarn to do the last repeat and the edging. I just frogged back to the lifeline, and started knitting the last repeat all over again. It's irritating to lose a couple days of work, but that's what I get for not paying enough attention to the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment