Saturday, March 6, 2010

Finish line!

The Ravelympics are over, and I finished both of the events I entered!

Contestant 1: Senior Auction Mittens
Senior Auction mitten in yellow-orange Plymouth Encore worsted
Pattern: The Alice Carroll All-rib Mitt, Yarn: Plymouth Encore worsted in a yellow-orange color.

They were a hit. The person who won these in the senior auction was properly enthused about getting them, and sent my hallmates and me a nice email thanking us for all the hard work that went into them. Score.

Contestant 2: Cthulhu Bag
Cthulhu Bag in black Red Heart with bright green stranded colorwork Cthulhus
Pattern: Cthulhu Dice Bag! by A.A. Leavitt-Reynolds. Yarn: Red Heart in Black and a lime green.

This is my third try at making a coin purse of a reasonable size to carry laundry money in. While this one is smaller than my last attempt (the Tsantsa shrunken head bag), it still is the size of a small evening purse, not a coin purse. Conclusion: I need to use thinner yarn if I want to make a bag any smaller. Going down a needle size isn't going to cut it: this bag was worked on 6's and is already approaching bullet-proof fabric. It stands up on its own. Sport-weight yarn may be the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment